Thursday 24 May 2012

Perth City - Part 3 (Final)

The last four days of my Perth experience were graced by the company of two special guests... Mum and Dad!
Mum and Dad had taken time from work to fly over to Perth to spend some time with me and see some of the country along the way. For me it was a chance to really relax in the company of loved ones whom I had no need to act polite with. I could just be myself.
The truth is that I was spoilt. We visited great places, ate tasty food and stayed in nice accommodation.
We visited King 's Park for a walk, and although I had already been there, this time it was all about the flora - a subject that mum in particular has a great knowledge.
Mum and Dad had hired a car, and so we spent the next few days driving south towards Margaret River, where I could give some direction in places worth visiting. We visited some friends of my parents for dinner and drinks, we took scenic walks, we visited wineries and I was once again soaked to the bone walking down Busselton jetty. Unfortunately Perth decided to dump some of its worst weather during our short stay. But I felt very very lucky to have a dry area to store my luggage and a roof over my head to sleep warm and dry. Luxuries I was living without.
But eventually all good things must come to an end, and before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye. Mum, Dad myself and Joy had a final dinner in Scarborough before they dropped me back at Joy's house for my last night in Perth.
I was sad to see them leave, and had also managed to stray a little out of shape in my time in the city, which left me feeling uneasy about hitting the road once more.
I would like to thank mum and dad for coming out to spend time with me on my adventure. It meant the world to me and I hope they realise how much I appreciate their effort.
As I peddled off the next morning, I thought about the difficulties lying ahead. The worst was still to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment