Sunday 26 August 2012

Broome

After the adventure through the so called desert, it was time to put the bike aside and enjoy the sunny town of Broome.
I can keep this post short, because nothing of particular interest took place, just a nice time to relax.
I arrived in Broome on Thursday the 12/7 just after lunch. I was very lucky indeed to be welcomed into the house of a friend of mine Tim. To be exact, I had only met Tim a few short times back in Melbourne but he offered me a bed to sleep in like a champion. Tim is working at the boarding school for aboriginal children within Broome and being young, witty and healthy he manages to keep them out of too much mischief.
Tim's girlfriend was away visiting home (Germany) when I arrived and Tim was on holidays... Time to have a few beers!
So over the course of two and a half days we went to visit Cable Beach for cold refreshments and I explored town as best I could. Tim cooked delicious meals and his dogs kept us entertained.
It was a nice way to unwind and prepare for the upcoming excitement of the Kimberly. And I was excited!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment